This oilcloth was a tablecloth which I bought in Tiger, a sort of IKEA-style shop which sells really cute homewares and toys. I wanted to make a large shopping bag, so I had a good look through my fabric stash and found some printed cotton which would work as a lining. I've been watching the Great British Sewing Bee recently, but my sewing method would not have lasted long on that show! I didn't iron my fabric before cutting, I didn't measure anything, and I shoved everything under the sewing machine and hoped for the best!
I'm quite happy with the results though - a large shopper with sturdy handles, slightly messy top stitching round the bag opening, and a pretty lining.
I also got out my considerable stash of felt, and made a little spring daffodil picture in a frame. A productive Saturday afternoon!