Monday, 17 August 2009

Moss stitch purse

John Lewis was having a sale, and I couldn't resist picking up a few (well, lots!) of bargains. I haven't made anything for my Folksy shop for ages, so I decided to design a purse with some RYC Cotton Jeans.













I made it in moss stitch with a double crochet edging on the flap, and a crochet hexagon on the back. The lining is made from yellow cotton, and there's a zip fastening under the poppered flap. It's perfect for holding money and cards, or using as a little evening clutch bag.













The colour scheme was inspired by 70s hippy style and citrus fruit, which might not be to everyone's taste, but I like it! I'm off to have a look through the rest of my purchases and do some more designing now.













Although, it's hard to find the time when there's something this cute to play with...

1 comment: